Fuselage, finishing touches

The landing gear and battery hatch are two areas that I modified from the original plans. The wider opening will accommodate a wider 1,500 mAh LiPo for a longer flight duration. The landing gear is made out of 2mm steel wire and is taller than the original aluminium frame. The landing gear is lighter and provides clearance for the 8x6 prop that I intend to use. 

I formed the battery hatch out of 3/8" stock and glued three magnets with matching washers on the fuselage for attachment.


Ornamental pilot head-rest


Skid, 1/16" ply horn, and elevator push rod visible


The complete fuselage (without two servos) weighs 124 grams (about 4.4 oz), which is much below my original goal of 220 grams. Adding the two wings yields about 200 grams total before lacquer and covering. My estimated AUW will be about 395 grams with a 1,500mAh battery and 240 grams with an 800mAh battery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covering

Fuselage, part 1

Flight!