Getting started

A few months ago I was browsing Outerzone in search of my next scratch build project. I was not sure what I was looking for when I came across several biplane designs and that's when I made up my mind: my next build will be a Bipe. I narrowed my search for a specific wing span range and R/C capabilities, and the Chicken Hawk caught my eye. 

I bookmarked the plans for a later date and continued my flight lessons with the club. A couple of months later I came across an AMA magazine article by Bob Benjamin describing his build of the plane from a kit available at Retro RC LLC. Now I had two choices: build from scratch or get the kit. Five months later I'm building the Chicken Hawk from scratch.

Bob Benjamin's article and the info from Retro RC was an added bonus to Ted Strader's detailed build article that is also posted on Outerzone. Combining all the tips and tricks from these sources will sure help get over some of the difficult parts of the assembly.

I printed the plans on 8.5"x11" pages, taped the tiles together, and started my journey.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covering

Fuselage, part 1

Flight!